FORUMS: list search recent posts

Precision editor audio only

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Xavier
Precision editor audio only
on May 9, 2015 at 9:06:17 am

There I have a audio/video split.... Audio of "A" is extended beyond video cut under video "B".

If I try to extend further that "A audio only" with the Precision Editor ... no way.

You can't treat differently audio & video with the PE or am I missing something ?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Precision editor audio only
on May 9, 2015 at 4:00:40 pm

Generally audio components should be edited in the main editorial view, the precision is more for trimming, transition alignment.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Francois Xavier
on May 10, 2015 at 6:36:48 am
Last Edited By Francois Xavier on May 10, 2015 at 6:43:29 am

Ok,

it´s just that " trimming a transition alignment" is precisely what I am trying to do ... a splited audio transition alignment

so there is a little flaw on the " next version wish list"

(why do I want to do that ? to use the kinda "dynamic trimming" of the Precision Editor. (Playing (listening) and extending on the fly)

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on May 11, 2015 at 10:39:10 am

It's a valid point.

There are times, not always, but times where some precise editing is required on a dialogue, even a music track. It would be a lot more convenient if the precision editor did lend itself to audio as well.

The best I do to work around that is enable the split audio/video editing. Zoom right in on the time line and nudge it either backwards or forwards. The edits you're trying to make will be up sub frame which is why you need to edit it as either a J or L cut

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]