FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any sort of equivalent of a dropper with color correction in X if you have something in your shot you know is white or black?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Is there any sort of equivalent of a dropper with color correction in X if you have something in your shot you know is white or black?
on May 7, 2015 at 1:16:52 am

I know with FCP 7 and other programs, if you know something in your shot is a particular color, you can use the eyedropper to set the white balance for the shot. It doesn't seem like that exists in FCP X. Am i right about that? Just checking. I've been color correcting some shots under fluorescent lights which is hard and I know some stuff in the shot is white, so I'd love to be able to do that sort of thing. (Although...that being said...I'm really digging color correction in X.)

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Is there any sort of equivalent of a dropper with color correction in X if you have something in your shot you know is white or black?
on May 7, 2015 at 1:35:32 am

Check out Autograde: http://fxfactory.com/info/hawaikiautograde/

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Is there any sort of equivalent of a dropper with color correction in X if you have something in your shot you know is white or black?
on May 7, 2015 at 11:40:51 am

Did we lose the "Balance Color" option when CC became an effect in 10.2? I always started there for a basic grade. Quite often it evened things out.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kathy Murphy
on May 8, 2015 at 2:09:55 am

I couldn't find one the other day but did discover the Balance Color feature. Does a pretty good job. Not perfect but pretty good.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on May 9, 2015 at 2:43:28 am

Hi Kathy -

Are you on 10.2?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kathy Murphy
on May 9, 2015 at 4:06:30 pm

Yes, I am.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]