FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - Synch Multi-Angles and Multiple Clips at Once?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Kunze
FCPX - Synch Multi-Angles and Multiple Clips at Once?
on May 6, 2015 at 3:48:49 pm

Hi there,

I recently moved over from FCP7 to X and have pulled out a lot of hair in the process. I'm trying to figure out if X can do a similar kind of workflow I had with 7.

Here's my questions: I've shot footage/audio using a Canon 70D, GoPro3+, an iPhone6, and a Zoom. All of the footage has audio but when I synch using X it never synchs up properly. However, back when I used FCP7 and Pluraleyes, I could synch all my footage (multiple Zoom audio tracks and footage) in one shot saving a ton of time and energy. Trying to replicate the process using X, I bought the latest Pluraleyes but it seems there are some glitches moving over the synched footage to X. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to do this using X? Are there simple video instructions online?

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX - Synch Multi-Angles and Multiple Clips at Once?
on May 6, 2015 at 5:22:09 pm

Greatly depends on the specific footage- whether there is matching timecode/time of day/common audio reference. X is certainly capable of achieving the same workflows (and much more) than 7.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on May 6, 2015 at 5:38:41 pm

What are you seeing when you say it's not syncing properly?

Quick walk-through:
1. Import all of the footage and audio
2a. Select all of the 70D clips in the browser
2b. Open the inspector, and in the Info tab, enter a value in the Camera Angle field (Cam A). I enter Reel names, too (Day01_Card01)
2c. Select all of the GoPro footage in the browser
2d. Enter a different value in the Camera Angle field (Cam B)
2e. Repeat for iPhone footage and sync audio
3. Select all of the elements in the browser, right-click, and select New Multicam Clip...

In the dialog that pops up, I think Use Audio for Synchronization is checked automatically. Once you set your parameters, there will be a bit of processing which will then deposit a new multicam clip in the browser.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Kevin Kunze
on May 6, 2015 at 8:25:24 pm

Noah - There'll always be audio in common based on the way I shoot. I'm just trying to figure out the quickest way to synch up all my footage (3 angles and audio) and cut it in FCPX realtime using the angle editor. Then be able to see it on the timeline as I'm editing using the angle editor.

I was able to get it working today but it took me forever and I can't really remember exactly what I did.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on May 7, 2015 at 1:13:14 am

One thing that can really help if FCPX is having trouble is to use the sync to marker option and just add a marker at roughly the same spot in each clip - from my experience it doesn't have to be exact. Keep use audio for synchronisation checked.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Anna Hunter
on May 9, 2015 at 11:29:59 pm

Hi!
Yes synchronization of the video and audio is not always perfectly, especially if you shoot at a distance and have very poor reference sound. I do sync for about 5 years :) and always facing with this problem. Of course if you buy transmitters and all these staff, there will not be any problems. As for doing it perfectly at x, I would recommend to make it manually, do not now if it is obvious for you or not :)
But recently I came across one video where video transferring in real time between two smartphones and everything sync automatically, so no need to spent time on syncing, it called Microphone Rocks :) Check here: http://www.microphone.rocks

Good luck!
Anna

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 10, 2015 at 3:10:29 am

For multiple takes I suggest Pluraleyes vs the included autosync.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]