FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double checking: it is impossible to keyword a clip from the timeline. Am I right?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Double checking: it is impossible to keyword a clip from the timeline. Am I right?
on May 6, 2015 at 1:40:51 pm

I am finishing a piece, and when I remove little clips to make it shorter, I want to keyword those final cuts just in case I want to use them again. I seem unable to keyword from the timeline. I need to the browser to do that. Am I right about this?

Return to posts index

Xander Snell
Re: Double checking: it is impossible to keyword a clip from the timeline. Am I right?
on May 6, 2015 at 2:42:56 pm

Hi,
I think you are correct. Keywording is a event browser function. You can select a clip (or range) in a timeline, use 'reveal in browser' (Shift+F) and then keyword from the browser to selection.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Double checking: it is impossible to keyword a clip from the timeline. Am I right?
on May 6, 2015 at 4:02:31 pm

Correct.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 6, 2015 at 9:22:13 pm

In a round about way you can do a "find used" of a particular sequence and create a collection based on items from that so you can keyword them in batches.

For example it works great if someone hands you a project where the media was organized into timelines instead of bins/keywords. It happens. You can then find all the used media in a timeline and apply a keyword in one shot to all that media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]