FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question re: 60fps to 24fps, GH3 and Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Hall
Question re: 60fps to 24fps, GH3 and Final Cut
on May 5, 2015 at 12:34:01 am

Hello

I shot a music video, with a lot of the shots at 60fps. It was borrowed from a friend and I couldn't quite figure out how to set it for 48fps (if that's even possible). During shooting, the original song was sped up 2x and performed as such, to give a slow-motion effect in the final product (as the performer couldn't keep up with 2.5x)
I used 5dtorgb to convert the avchd files to prores. But now in Final Cut, after slowing the clips down by 50%, I have 'ghosting'- every other frame seems to be a composite of two separate frames.

Essentially, I shot in 60fps and am finishing in 24fps, but the performance needs to only be slowed by half.

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix the ghosting issue? From what I understand, it seems like a tradeoff of either frame interpolation or 'throwing away' frames, as 60fps (or 30fps) will not divide evenly into 24fps. But I was hoping someone else out there may have a solution for me. Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Aaron Hall
Re: Question re: 60fps to 24fps, GH3 and Final Cut
on May 5, 2015 at 12:35:47 am

Sorry, just realized this is a FCPX forum. I'm on FCP7 if it makes a difference (or if the post needs to be moved). Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 5, 2015 at 3:08:28 am

Turn off frame blending- here's the details:

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Aaron Hall
on May 5, 2015 at 1:51:44 pm