FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Clip missing from Event Browser (Shift-F won't find it)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Salman
Timeline Clip missing from Event Browser (Shift-F won't find it)
on May 4, 2015 at 4:03:46 pm

Hi,

Like the title says ... simply, I imported media into an Event and used the two angles (Cam A and Cam B) to set up a Multicam clip. I've been using the Multicam clip to edit in the timeline. After a few days, I noticed that the Cam B clips are missing from the Event Browser. I tried using Shift-F (selected the clip in the Multicam Angle Editor and pressed Shift-F), but the clips are nowhere to be found in the Event Browser (it just gives me a beep, like nothing found, and nothing is highlighted or shows up in the Event Browser). When I select the clip in the timeline and look at the inspector, the inspector does show that the clip is linked to the event that I imported it into, and it also shows the location of the file under "File Location" (which says it's in the Original Media folder, and there is a shortcut in that Original Media folder pointing to the folder where the original file is). But I'm wondering why I can't find it in the Event Browser? The file has to be referenced somewhere in the Event Browser since it's being used in the Timeline of the project. And the keywords I added specifically for this clip do show up in the Keyword list under the event.

If anyone has anyone thoughts/input on why this is happening, would appreciate it. I also tried searching in the Event Browser search field for the clip by name and by keywords, but it won't come up.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Timeline Clip missing from Event Browser (Shift-F won't find it)
on May 4, 2015 at 4:47:44 pm

I can think of two things - check that 'All Files' is selected at the top of the event browser, and make sure the search field is empty (a rogue space will hide stuff).

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]