FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another simple question: can you have two projects open at once?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Another simple question: can you have two projects open at once?
on May 2, 2015 at 3:20:35 pm

I'm learning the program with books and online courses...but you guys are the best. I send a virtual high five to the moderators here. I know I've been asking a lot lately.

Another simple question: can you have two projects open at once in separate windows? I don't think so. Just checking. It just seems like a simple way to move stuff around between projects.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Another simple question: can you have two projects open at once?
on May 2, 2015 at 6:57:56 pm

Do you mean two libraries or two timelines? FCPX calls timelines projects for some reason, but most people think of a library as a project since that's what every other NLE including FCP legacy called it.

You can't drag and drop between timelines. Just copy and paste. You can have multiple libraries open.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on May 2, 2015 at 6:59:15 pm

I mean two timelines. Can I have two timelines open at once? How? I can't figure it out.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 2, 2015 at 7:01:33 pm

You can not. But the little Arrows at the top left of the timeline navigates between recent timelines like a web browser.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on May 3, 2015 at 9:00:43 am

Well,

Theoretically you can not "compare timelines", but as suggested here you can click on as many projects you want to open in the timeline window.

Once they are open you can navigate between the two with the arrow keys as previously suggested.

You can compare two projects in one timelines in many ways, but that would require a tutorial

David

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 31, 2015 at 1:07:24 am

Hey Bret,

Would this work? Open two libraries each with the timeline (project) in question open. Select the entire timeline in one. Switch to the other and paste the first one as a connected clips. Then you move copy insert whatever clips you want into the primary storyline.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Kathy Murphy
on May 8, 2015 at 2:14:08 am

No I don't think so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]