FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyword collections

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Keyword collections
on May 2, 2015 at 6:37:28 am

Has anybody found a way of somehow viewing the contents of two keyword collections simultaneously?

I'm logging in one bin (sorry keyword collection "Camera 1) and wanting to make sure I can see it's being added to the new one i have created. I would like to be able to have multiple Keyword Collections open at the same time.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Keyword collections
on May 2, 2015 at 2:49:00 pm

You can view the contents of two collections simultaneously by selecting both in the event library. However, it won't show duplicates of clips. If you have a clip with two keywords applied, it'll only show up once in the browser, but the keywords are viewable in the browser so you should be able to tell easily that the keywords have been applied.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on May 2, 2015 at 5:21:15 pm

Thanks. Funny but this is the first tim I have felt the need to have separate window for keyword collections ... I guess may find a different way but `i am going and froing a lot at the moment.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 2, 2015 at 8:31:02 pm

Not having multiple browser windows is a huge time suck. Wish they would simply allow multiple browser windows where you can have anything displayed. For example I might want a window of sequences in list wire to quickly switch between, but a keyword collection of broll open in thumb/filmstrip view. I would also love to show a thumbnail in list view.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
Too many spelling errors sorry
on May 5, 2015 at 1:08:30 am
Last Edited By James Ewart on May 5, 2015 at 1:44:50 am

And increasingly I wish I could have more than one project/timeline open. Just really useful when playing with different versions and sometimes wanting to remember where the specific changes are. I know I should use Compound Clips more but I am still nervous about them being a strain on resources as in earlier iterations. Is it okay to have and use as many CCs as like with no fear of compromising my system's processing ability?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]