FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hide imported clips feature is too literal. How to reset FCP X memory?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Hide imported clips feature is too literal. How to reset FCP X memory?
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:08:17 pm

Folks I am tackling this issue with 30p AVCHD and black frames in FCP X 10.2, thumbnails etc.

Imported 30p AVCHD
Realizing problem I moved all of those clips to the trash from within FCP X
Quit FCP X
Ran some tests on that footage with compressor per Apple (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204782)
Results didn't help
Upgraded Pro Video Formats update 2.01
Tried reimporting same 30p AVCHD reel with hide imported selected

No clips were visible for import for that reel because according to FCP X they've been imported already at one point. However I deleted those from within FCP X. Shouldn't effectively reset that feature for that same reel?

This is a not a deal breaker. I can still import if I want, but I am curious why it still resolves that whether it exists in the library or not any more, if it was ever imported at all than it considers then it factors that in in hiding the clips possible for import.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Hide imported clips feature is too literal. How to reset FCP X memory?
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:23:58 pm

File > Import > reimport from camera/archive.

If it doesn't work, add the folders that hold your media to the "favorites" in the import window and try again.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:27:39 pm

That won't work. One thing I cannot stand about the reimport feature is it does not seem to let you just point to a folder as a reel which is what we backup. It also requires that you've created the FCP X camera archive type first. So if it's not a camera, camera-like volume, or FCP X archive it's useless. I sure hope I can be proven wrong about this, but several of us have been frustrated by this feature for as long as it's been there.

Thanks though.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:47:42 pm

[Tangier Clarke] "That won't work. One thing I cannot stand about the reimport feature is it does not seem to let you just point to a folder as a reel which is what we backup. It also requires that you've created the FCP X camera archive type first. So if it's not a camera, camera-like volume, or FCP X archive it's useless. I sure hope I can be proven wrong about this, but several of us have been frustrated by this feature for as long as it's been there."

Yeah, it sucks

But

You have to add the folder to the favorites. And then it works.

So, if you're AVCHD media is in a folder called, let's just say, Card_01.

On the import window, Navigate to "Card_01" drag and drop it from the center of the import window to the "Favorites" on the left side of the import window.

Close the import window.

Select the footage in the Browser, and select File > Reimport > From Camera/Archive.

No need for FCPX camera archive, I never use it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 28, 2015 at 10:05:11 pm

Here's a video of adding an AVCHD folder called B01 to the favorites and reimporting after the media has been deleted:

avchdreimport

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Apr 29, 2015 at 4:51:55 pm

That's a nice trick. Wish there was more feedback on what's happening when you're sitting there wondering if it'll reconnect. Still it's an obscure workaround. Doesn't address my issue exactly, but still very useful.

Thanks.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 29, 2015 at 4:53:23 pm

If you look at the clip, there's a little spinning dial that tell you it's importing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]