FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio problems on Master File share after 10.2 update

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nahlik
Audio problems on Master File share after 10.2 update
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:01:52 pm

Since I updated to 10.2, I have not been able to share a Master File (ProRes422) with good audio. I get white noise.

The master file plays fine in QT player, and the file info matches known-good files that were exported before the update. If I try to play it using a KiPro player (my existing workflow), the video plays properly, but audio is just white noise. An editor at a different facility is having the same issue with a different workflow.

I cannot figure out what is different and I cannot find any adjustments to make in FCPX. Another editor thought maybe the issue was 24-bit vs 16-bit audio. I found a Larry Jordan workaround using Compressor and tricking it into using ProRes422 and 16-bit audio, but that seems very convoluted and did not work for me on my first trial.

What has changed on audio export in the new version?

I am editing on a Mid-2014 MBP Retina, 2.8 Ghz i5.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Audio problems on Master File share after 10.2 update
on Apr 29, 2015 at 12:52:20 am

Check whether the file is big endian or little endian. The KiPro may expect one versus the other. I've run into this issue with the BMD HyperDecks.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Chandler Elder
on May 12, 2015 at 8:06:49 pm

I posted on the other thread where this issue was brought up, but wanted to post to you directly to hopefully help you solve this problem. AJA provided me with a PDF that will walk you through exporting within the newest version of FCPX. It solved that static audio issue for my client so hopefully this is the fix you're looking for in the meantime while waiting for FCP to do their part and give us back our functionality!

8830_fcpxexportforkipro.pdf.zip

Chandler
Moyers Group
Atlanta, Georgia

Return to posts index

Bill Nahlik
on May 13, 2015 at 7:03:49 pm
Last Edited By Bill Nahlik on May 17, 2015 at 2:45:54 pm

Thanks, Chandler. That fixed my problem and the problem the editor in the other facility was having.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]