FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I add to a compound clip when it's on the timeline? I'm guessing no but I figured I'd check

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Can I add to a compound clip when it's on the timeline? I'm guessing no but I figured I'd check
on Apr 28, 2015 at 6:50:57 pm

I've created some compound clips on my timeline. As I go through new footage, I want to add to them. Can I take something selected in the browser and insert it to a compound clip on the timeline?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Can I add to a compound clip when it's on the timeline? I'm guessing no but I figured I'd check
on Apr 28, 2015 at 6:58:16 pm

Double-click a compound clip to open and add more material into.

What are you trying to do? Compound clips are best for nesting titles, effects or groups of sound effects. They are not very useful for emulating a track-based workflow.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Can I add to a compound clip when it's on the timeline? I'm guessing no but I figured I'd check
on Apr 28, 2015 at 7:09:36 pm

Noah! I think you've been helping me for a while now.

I"m making a short film and going through footage, dividing clips I might use into three thematic section. I want to put stuff into the timeline as I see fit. In FCP 7, I'd just have all 3 sections on different tracks. I can't do that here. Thoughts on how to do this effectively? I do have metada so I can easily pick out the sections I want, but I want to see things grouped together on the timeline as I go along.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 28, 2015 at 10:51:27 pm

Just make 3 separate Project timelines. When you have each as you want, cut and paste all onto one long timeline.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:22:45 am

Or 3 separate secondarys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]