FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two things. Opacity and Gaps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Two things. Opacity and Gaps
on Apr 24, 2015 at 7:16:40 am

In my day to day efforts to earn a living, there are two things that still seems to take an inordinate amount of time. The first is adjusting
Opacity. Surely there is a way to get straight to it that I have not found yet? It's cumbersome. Any brilliant ideas anyone?

Does anybody else have trouble selecting the inside edge of a gap to make it smaller.? Maybe I am clumsy but it seems to want to always select the edge of the preceding or following clip.

Thanks as always

James

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Two things. Opacity and Gaps
on Apr 24, 2015 at 11:38:21 am

[James Ewart] "Opacity. Surely there is a way to get straight to it that I have not found yet?"

Besides the Video Animation or in the Inspector? Not sure what is taking up your time here.

[James Ewart] "Does anybody else have trouble selecting the inside edge of a gap to make it smaller.?"

Haven't run into this, but I tend to keep the clip size large. And isn't there a keyboard command, using the left and right brackets (next to the P key) that can make that selection easier?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:02:59 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:07:15 pm

... In Legacy the opacity line was sitting right there in the timeline. Much less fuss. I don't understand why we could not still have this feature. And you cannot select opacity of text or generators in the Inspector. You have to go to Video Animation - expand Opacity and then adjust. Fiddly and a bit tedious when you have seven of them in a stack (CORRECTION ... I'M BEING RIDICULOUS OF COURSE YOU CAN)

Yes left bracket and right bracket next to the 'P' key to elect the correct "edge"

Still seems to have a preference for preceding slip even when I force select the edge I want to move. May well be something I do clumsily but I was just wondering if anybody else ever had the problem.

Thanks

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:07:51 pm

I have corrected previous post. I was being stupid. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:28:44 pm

Uh, Opacity IS in the inspector.

It's the last choice down below Transform, et al.

Under The heading Compositiing - there's a big old keyframable slider for Opacity along with a drop down menu for setting the compositing mode. .

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]