FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a new audio Connection

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Zünder
How to make a new audio Connection
on Apr 22, 2015 at 6:31:49 pm

Hi guys!,

Recently i've decided to let FCP 7 go (It's been around 5 professional years)... and immerse myself in the FCPX world... as I learn the new ways of fcpx i decided to start a new project and work with it to have in real life problems and get fluent.

So far, everything was smooth, but i been having this problem, i already figure my way out with another solution but i still if i knew how to handle with this it will be good for the future.

So here it is:

I had to syncronize video + audio using plural eyes because even when fcp x has a really useful sync tool, since the project had too many videos and only 3 sounds files it would take forever to select and sync. So i choose the easy way.

As you know, Pluraleyes creates one big storyline with video and audio in the same project:

Now here is the problem, the new audio (recorded with a zoom) is all conected in a big "clip"
So my problem is this assuming i have this project, and i need to delete just the 9305 video and sound, even when i have made a cut using the razor, whenever i try, it just deletes my whole audio line:

Is there any way i can make a NEW connection so i can keep the file?
Maybe im seeing this problem in a wrong way, im so sorry but i used to work with FCP7 where this things were so different!!!

What should i do?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: How to make a new audio Connection
on Apr 22, 2015 at 9:32:36 pm

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 23, 2015 at 5:12:38 am

The problem the OP has is his audio is in a secondary storyline. And so he keeps blading it, but only the first video clip is connected.

Erik you need to remove the audio bits from the secondary storyline. (Cmd+option+up arrow I think) A secondary storyline is like a little group of clips that connect to the primary in only one place. So even though you're slicing up the audio, it's being sliced inside of a secondary storyline group. After you remove the audio, they'll each connect to the primary storyline on their own.

Return to posts index

Erik Zünder
on Apr 23, 2015 at 2:25:46 pm

Thanks Noah!!<

And thanks Bret, this actually solved my problem!!,
i didn't knew you could also make "secondary timelines" for sound...

FCPX is really versatile i love it!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:41:45 pm

For sound, a secondary can kind of serve as a track. For example I almost always make a secondary of my music so that I can blade it it and it stay in place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]