FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Camcorder Rec Effect Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Mönius
FCPX Camcorder Rec Effect Problem
on Apr 21, 2015 at 7:43:59 pm

Hey there, I've got a question: For my latest film I need some kind of a red dot record effect, so that I can show that the image we see is being recorded by our protagonist right now. Final Cut offers an effect like that, but it doesn't seem to work with my aspect ratio. We shot 2.39 widescreen and now the edges of the effect overlap with the black bars.

I haven't found a way to adjust the effect to the image size and I also haven't found a different effect that could do the same for me, but inside the picture. Does anybody know either?

Thanks already,

Ralph

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCPX Camcorder Rec Effect Problem
on Apr 21, 2015 at 9:02:29 pm

The effect you have can be customized by double clicking on it, going to the Inspector window, from there going to the scale and transform controls to change it's measurements to fit the screen ratio you want. I've not tried it, but it may also work to just click the effect to highlight it, go to the inspector, and hit "Fit" in Spacial Conform.

This effect could also be sent into Apple Motion, or you can find or build a custom one in Motion and publish it into FCPX as a effect.
It's really easy to make this in Motion; we can talk you thru it, if you don't know how.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]