FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.2: Major Issues and really poor performance with XAVCS 50fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Colom
FCPX 10.2: Major Issues and really poor performance with XAVCS 50fps
on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:09:16 pm

I mostly work with sony A7S XAVCS 50 fps files.
All was fine with FCPX 10.1.4, but since 10.2 update here's the issues I've noticed:

— really poor performances and very sticky project timeline / playback compared to the previous version of FCPX (takes ages to start to play, and get sticky, and skip frames, specifically on each cut point in a project)
— lots of FCPX crashes (Pixel Film Studio Prolumetric is unusable anymore) and deal breaker bugs (Neat Video Noise Reduction gives outputs Black Clips*) with third party plugins

Am I the only one to experience those kinds of regressions in my workflow **?
Could Apple address these issues really quickly?
(I'm in the middle of a project I should deliver at the end of this month and start to get quite anxious about the situation).

PS: I've pushed the "update all" button on the App Store, in a middle of a serious project... my bad.

* http://www.neatvideo.com/bugs.html -> FCP X 10.2:
** My workflow is made of : Sony a7s 50 fps XAVCS files, all shoved into a BlackMagic Thunderbolt MultiDock filled with SSDs, working on an iMac 5K i7 Radeon R9 32GB under OSX 10.10.3

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX 10.2: Major Issues and really poor performance with XAVCS 50fps
on Apr 20, 2015 at 4:01:41 pm

Ding, ding, ding.

Congratulations, you've hit the perfect pair.

The vast majority of performance issues mentioned for X over the past year have involved PLUG-INS.

And you've managed to use TWO of the most often mentioned in threads reporting glacial software response. .

Strip out the Plug-ins and see how X performs. I bet you get orders of magnitude increased success.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Manuel Colom
on Apr 20, 2015 at 4:09:28 pm

In fact, I have great performance issues usin just one clip, no plugin, on my project timeline ... what about that?
Even though... how come I didn't have any issue with Neat Video in all FCP7-FCPX previous versions until now?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 20, 2015 at 5:51:28 pm

[Manuel Colom] "In fact, I have great performance issues usin just one clip, no plugin, on my project timeline ... what about that?
Even though... how come I didn't have any issue with Neat Video in all FCP7-FCPX previous versions until now?"

I don't understand. I indicated a problem that many others have had regarding two plugins. I suggested you remove them and TEST whether or not that was the cause of your issues.

And now you're arguing imaginary theory when a simple test can tell definitively whether or not the potential problem I'm pointing out is THE issue, or not an issue at all.

Just TRY it. If the problem isn't what I'm suggesting, you'll know ahead of everyone else and you can then report back and the community here can suggest different things.

I'm trying to help you solve your problem. But it seems that you aren't interested in that, so others can step in. I wish you luck in finding your solution.

Take care.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]