FORUMS: list search recent posts

The dreaded A/V Output "none found" is back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg P. Mueller
The dreaded A/V Output "none found" is back
on Apr 20, 2015 at 9:09:36 am

I am using an ultrastudio express to connect to my SDI HD monitor. Today it stopped working with X. I remember having exactly the same issue on another system running the mini monitor a while back. The only thing that made it work at that time was reverting to an ancient blackmagic driver.

I had this problem twice - so surely I can't be the only one..? But I couldn't find any working solution online. Uninstalled, re-installed, tried all different settings, Pal and NTSC, etc.

So I was wondering whether any of you guys ever ran into this problem...

The strange thing is that the ultrastudio works just fine with good old FCP7 - only X fails to see it...

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: The dreaded A/V Output "none found" is back
on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:15:46 am

When FCX is not seeing the BMD device, is the OS able to control it, or is it disabled at the OS level as well?

Return to posts index

Michael W. Towe
on Apr 21, 2015 at 2:57:49 am

In the past with BMD devices I have needed to reinstall the Desktop Studio software after installing X updates. Give that a whirl.

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Apr 21, 2015 at 6:40:03 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for chiming in. I still haven't resolved the issue. I have tried several BMD thunderbolt devices - same result. It shows up under system prefs and also works fine with FCP7.

But X fails to see it.

I have reinstalled Yosemite from the recovery disk - no change. I have tried to revert back to BMD desktop video version 9 (the one that works) but it wouldn't allow me to install it on the current OS (10.10.3). I have uninstalled/re-installed and tested the previous versions 10.3.5 and 10.3.7 of BMD desktop with no success.

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Apr 21, 2015 at 6:54:57 am

I thought I get tricky now and force-install driver 9.9.2 using the Pacifist installer, by-passing that error message about my OS. It asked me to overwrite all kinds of existing files which I allowed. The installation didn't work and the BMD device not recognized in system prefs.

So I over-installed the current driver 10.4 again (for the 5th time). Started FCPX and (drumroll...) - it works now!

So I guess when you uninstall the blackmagic driver it does not remove all files and when you re-install it does not overwrite everything that is left. Pacifist did it though and now I am BACK in business!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]