FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - Tips to speed up a time consuming job!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Fearn
FCPX - Tips to speed up a time consuming job!
on Apr 19, 2015 at 8:40:28 pm

Hi, I have a job coming up which involves me creating 250 1 min films, which will just be a slideshow of 15 still images with an animated login at the start and end.

Simple job but time consuming.

What I would like help with is two things.

1) once I have created my first film, a template as such. Is there a quick way to simply replace the 15 images with a new set? Keeping the transitions the same?

2) I would like each image to have a very slight zoom in. Is there a shortcut for this or do I have to manually key frame each still image?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bill Rabkin
Re: FCPX - Tips to speed up a time consuming job!
on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:26:47 am

For 2), you can keyframe the Scale property of your first image to create the desired zoom in. Then copy this image. Deselect the first image, and multi-select the other 14 images. Press Cmd+Shift+V to select Edit > Paste Attributes.

In the Paste Attributes dialog box, select Scale (below Transform), and click Paste. This will paste the Scale keyframe into the selected images.

Return to posts index

Gareth Fearn
on Apr 20, 2015 at 9:50:26 am

Fantastic, thank you for saving me some time!

Return to posts index

Gareth Fearn
on Apr 20, 2015 at 5:21:38 pm

Actually, after trying this is doesnt work. It will paste the scale attributes but not the position? Any idea why? I have made sure the scale and position attritubtes are selected.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 20, 2015 at 8:11:11 pm

Are all of the images the same size / ppi?

Another thing to check would be Spatial Conform...

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Gareth Fearn
on Apr 20, 2015 at 8:14:53 pm

Yes they are all identical. Can I save the attributes as like a preset than I can just drag onto each file?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 20, 2015 at 8:28:54 pm

In that case, Bill had the right answer earlier in this thread. Though I'd use the Crop tool for the slight zoom you're looking for (Crop - Ken Burns).

You might also set the Spatial Conform to None on your first image, and then set your initial position and scale. Then when you Copy / Paste Attributes to the rest of the images, you'll select Scale, Position, and Spatial Conform (and also Crop if you're using that for your 'Ken Burns' zoom in).

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]