FORUMS: list search recent posts

a few issues after the update(s)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
a few issues after the update(s)
on Apr 16, 2015 at 6:18:50 pm

Since the update to X and OS X 10.10.3 (from 10.10.2) I've had some odd issues. X keeps hanging on restoring the window layout. I've never had to trash my window layouts before and now I'm doing it daily.

Sometimes on a reboot I lose connection to my TB drive and the 2nd monitor that is looped through the drive. The drive fully turns itself off on the reboot. (pegasus raid). Turning it on connects it and restores the monitor.

Also, most annoyingly, I've started to have to force unrender sections of the timeline that don't seem to recognize layers have changed. This just like the old FCP 7 days. But unlike legacy, forcing it to unrender isn't as easy. In legacy I'd change something and then change it back. Legacy was so dumb that it didn't realize it still had a cached render matching that need. But X is too smart for that. When you change the parameter back, it links right back up with the (incorrect) render file.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: a few issues after the update(s)
on Apr 16, 2015 at 6:33:09 pm

[Bret Williams] "Sometimes on a reboot I lose connection to my TB drive and the 2nd monitor that is looped through the drive. The drive fully turns itself off on the reboot. (pegasus raid). Turning it on connects it and restores the monitor.
"

Try a different Thunderbolt cable. We've discover 4 of our original cables were not "full strength" any more and were witnessing similar TB device drops. Replacing he TB cables has solved that here.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 16, 2015 at 7:30:59 pm

Started literally with the first reboot after the update to 10.10.3. I don't think it's the apple tb cable.

Now I've got another new one. If I monitor through my BMD device, mono sources in the event can't be heard until they're tagged stereo. But you do see the meter moving. If I switch monitoring back to the computer, it's fine. That started a couple hours ago with the BMD driver update! Lovely.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 16, 2015 at 7:50:26 pm

This has not been a great release.

There's a supplemental 10.10.3 update that came out today, don't know if that will help you.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 16, 2015 at 9:55:43 pm

Oh I shall try that and report back on everything is screws up.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 16, 2015 at 10:01:29 pm

I had your same Pegasus problem BEFORE the OS and FCPX upgrade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]