FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shorter clip length in Event Browser in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Shorter clip length in Event Browser in FCP X
on Apr 15, 2015 at 11:06:11 pm

I just noticed something weird. When randomly checking the length of two clips in the Browser, I noticed that they were both shorter than the length listed under the Media Start and Media End headings. I verified this by going to the same clips in the Import window and seeing the longer length listed there. For example, the length of a clip in the Browser when I skim across it is 2:20. The full length, which does not appear when I skim it, is 9:08 and I am able to extend to its full length when I cut it into the timeline. Why isn't the full length of the clip visible in the video window of the Browser? I want to see the full length of the clip when I skim it in the Event Browser not have to assume that there is more there. Also, what is this shorter clip length based on?

Thanks,
Phil

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Shorter clip length in Event Browser in FCP X
on Apr 18, 2015 at 9:19:24 am

Something tells me that you're looking at a KEYWORD RANGE (i.e. a "subclip") in a keyword collection in the first image, not at the MASTER in the Event/Library.

- RK

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Apr 18, 2015 at 2:19:42 pm

Something tells me you're right. But what about Keywords causes this? I didn't select this range.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 18, 2015 at 2:32:42 pm

There's an easy way to find out. Select the clip IN THE EVENT and check which keywords were assigned (twirl down the clip's triangle in list view) and whether or not to the entire clip or just a selection by selecting it/them. I'm of course guessing the latter. In which case you must have obviously assigned it that way, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

It's not a bug, it's a (brilliant) feature... ;)

- RK

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:46:57 pm

Yes, Robin, the length of the clip in the Keyword Collection is shorter than the one in the overall Event although I don't think I intentionally selected that length. I would like to see the entire length of the clip in the Keyword Collection. Is there a way I can change it?

Thanks,
Phil

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 23, 2015 at 1:34:48 pm

Sure. Simply select the ENTIRE clip and assign the keyword! :D

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]