FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.2 and BMD performance

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
FCPX 10.2 and BMD performance
on Apr 14, 2015 at 3:44:18 pm

One great thing going is that there is maybe 1 frame delay between the viewer and the BMD output to an external monitor (on my ultra studio express). Before this update it seemed like 3-5 frames off. It was quite distracting, and you had to send audio out via HDMI or SDI and monitor it on that end. That of course is a pain because you have to switch over your whole system audio with BMD devices and route it through the monitor or something. Then the audio is off on your computer display. I send computer audio and BMD audio to the same speakers, so now I can leave it on system audio and control monitoring volume with F11 and F12 on the keyboard. Much more convenient than an external mixer.

Long story short... long delay made short!

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: FCPX 10.2 and BMD performance
on Apr 14, 2015 at 5:27:22 pm

I plunged ahead an updated and then realized it was a major upgrade as it had to update all libraries. After awhile it finished and looks fine, to my relief. My first impression is that it does a better job handling my 35 MBs, H.264 60 fps files, when editing. They look better in playback mode and timeline seems snappier.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: FCPX 10.2 and BMD performance
on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:56:42 pm

Same issues with the AJA T-tap, but no difference with 10.2. I've started using the HDMI output on the Mac Pro instead. Perfectly in sync and no switching audio outputs. Yeah, I know it's not baseband video, or whatever, but I can't tell the difference.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]