FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repairing Canon DSLR MOV files (recovered from trash bin)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Squirrel
Repairing Canon DSLR MOV files (recovered from trash bin)
on Apr 6, 2015 at 11:57:51 pm

Hi there,

I have an extremely urgent question, I'm hoping one of you bright sparks may be able to help me out.

Here's my situation: I recorded a music video yesterday on my Canon EOS 600D (t3i). I don't have enough room on my Mac for the 33GB of footage, so I put them straight onto my hard drive (and stupidly didn't copy it twice). Earlier today I accidentally deleted 8 of them from the trash bin. I've used all kinds of recovery software such as Data Rescue 4 and Disk Drill, and whilst the files themselves have technically been "recovered", they are damaged in some way that prevents them from being viewed, edited, converted etc. Even mov repair programs haven't worked.

What I know is that they weren't corrupted when they were deleted. Why is it so difficult to get them back in one piece? I've tried everything! Someone please help :'(

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Repairing Canon DSLR MOV files (recovered from trash bin)
on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:24:15 am

This is where you have to go pay someone like Drivesavers for professional level data recovery I'm afraid. Prosumer recovery apps will find pieces and try to put them back together but unfortunately in the case of video they rarely do so correctly. Typically runs $1K-2K. This is where you decide which is more expensive/less painful: data recovery or reshoot.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]