FORUMS: list search recent posts

It appears you cannot add a role to a favorited section of a clip. Am I wrong?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
It appears you cannot add a role to a favorited section of a clip. Am I wrong?
on Apr 6, 2015 at 10:53:40 pm

As you see from other recent threads, I'm trying to create a FCP X workflow.

I'm favoriting a lot of things to figure out what sections of my footage I want to use in the timeline. I want to assign roles to the favorite bits that appear when I click on the triangle next to a clip in the browser.

I seem unable to do that. It seems I can only assign a role to the overall clip.

Am I wrong here? Help this newby out! Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: It appears you cannot add a role to a favorited section of a clip. Am I wrong?
on Apr 6, 2015 at 11:14:04 pm

[Noam Osband] "Am I wrong here?"

No. You are right.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: It appears you cannot add a role to a favorited section of a clip. Am I wrong?
on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:21:39 am

Favorites are precisely what you want to divvy up long clips into potentially useful ranges. Roles are much better suited to identifying specific types of media say if you want to steer sound from a certain camera or device to a track at the final export. Or identify clips from a certain source that may need to be redacted or highlighted later. Tons of uses for Roles but identifying portions within a clip is not one of them- favoriting and rejecting does that.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Apr 8, 2015 at 3:40:09 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Tons of uses for Roles but identifying portions within a clip is not one of them- favoriting and rejecting does that"

Also, identifying portions within clips is pretty much exactly what keywords are for...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]