FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Finesse for FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Arenz
Color Finesse for FCPX?
on Apr 2, 2015 at 7:49:22 pm

I've been a long-time fan of Color Finesse 3 in After Effects. As far as I can tell, there's no port for FCPX.

All I want is a curves editor a highlight, gamma and shadow pickers for R,G, and B curves. That way I can fix bad white balance quickly and with better results than I can with stock FCP color or with many of the FXFactory plugins I've been trying. The Nattress curves plugin looks good, but the curves are not as editable as they would appear, so even if I just try to copy a curve that works for one of my channels, you can only get 75% of the way there (no x adjustment on curve points- which is probably the fault of FCPX's limitations for the effects inspector UI).

Have you folks found anything that works as well as Color Finesse for this kind of thing? Are all plugins for FCPX this limited in their UI?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Color Finesse for FCPX?
on Apr 3, 2015 at 12:59:13 am

And colorista III.

http://prolost.com/blog/coloristafxpx

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Color Finesse for FCPX?
on Apr 3, 2015 at 2:54:42 pm

I used to use Color Finesse 3 for virtually all my edits in FCP 7. And missed it greatly once I moved to FCP X. Of course, it was never bug-free as a FCP plug-in.

I passed on Nattress Curves, as it's really NOT a curves plug-in. More of a highlight, mid, shadows adjustment. I also find the "Curves" section of Colorista not flexible enough.

I think the closest you'll get right now is Color Finale. It is quite good, if a little bit buggy at the moment. It doesn't have color pickers, which would be nice. I combine it with Dashwood's White Balance plug-in for FXFactory which I find is the best at correcting white balance with Kelvin adjustments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]