FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where are FCPX Titles Stored

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Rayner
Where are FCPX Titles Stored
on Apr 2, 2015 at 11:03:06 am

Hi All

I have FCPX on 2 computers and I have a naming clash between the 2 systems. Basic Title Copy (classic name eh?) is a different title on the laptop and desktop.

Is there a way to change title names after the fact? I know I can make a new copy in Motion and name that but that doesn't help that I have 2 different projects, both using different versions of 'Basic Title Copy'.

Where on the system are FCPX default assets stored?

Many thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Where are FCPX Titles Stored
on Apr 2, 2015 at 12:40:36 pm

The customized templates (which is what you have) are stored in User:Movies:Motion Templates then in this case Titles.

Yes you can rename to your hearts content. I have a synchronization script that keeps all the template folders of our workstations the same. Of course, that means you have to be careful about overwriting, but since i'm the only one that modifies templates, it's not that big of a deal.

Another tip that took me a long time to figure out. If you change title styles, if you drag the new template on top of the old one in the timeline it will retain your text edits. Great for lower-thirds.

Return to posts index

Dan Rayner
on Apr 2, 2015 at 12:42:28 pm

Thanks Brett.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 2, 2015 at 5:51:37 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't retain any other settings you may have adjusted. This is my biggest pet peeve about X and Motion's relationship. It's a beautiful one way street. I don't necessarily need "send to motion" as I create most stuff from scratch in motion. But I need to be able to open a motion project ( that has already been placed in the timeline) in motion. Just like we open them from the browser. We also need to be able to place motion projects in the timeline from anywhere. Not just our user folder.

And of course once that's been accomplished, Send to Motion should be easy to do.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Apr 3, 2015 at 8:17:53 pm

Yes it would be handy. You should be able to open a title or effect in Motion from the timeline. I find I add tons of parameters to my Motion templates, so I can fully customize them within FCP X. But if I could easily open them in Motion I wouldn't have to. And I'd probably do a lot more customization. Not to mention, you start getting a lot of Motion templates sitting around that you can't really eliminate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]