FORUMS: list search recent posts

clips and projects listed in library and not in event?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Culbertson
clips and projects listed in library and not in event?
on Mar 29, 2015 at 10:42:04 pm

Suddenly in the middle of working on a project, my clips and projects are no longer listed in my (only) event but are listed when I click on the library. It appears that all my keywords have disappeared from my clips. Markers are still there.

Fortunately, I do have a backup. Any thoughts on what is going on?

10.1.4, OSX 10.9.5

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: clips and projects listed in library and not in event?
on Mar 29, 2015 at 11:00:26 pm

Might you have accidentally hit a delete key while a keyword collection or event was selected? I'd go to the backup.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 29, 2015 at 11:20:25 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Might you have accidentally hit a delete key while a keyword collection or event was selected?"

The event and smart/keyword collections are still present, just no clips when I click on the event or smart/keyword collections attached to the event.

Everything is still there if I select the library icon.

Perhaps some kind of partial Library corruption?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:42:26 am

Are you sure nothing is typed into the search field- that will make the event appear to be empty.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:45:31 am

[Noah Kadner] "Are you sure nothing is typed into the search field- that will make the event appear to be empty."

Sigh... slinks away...

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:46:39 am

[Noah Kadner] "Are you sure nothing is typed into the search field- that will make the event appear to be empty."

Perhaps an indication I have been working too long?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 30, 2015 at 3:43:27 am

Nah. Welcome to the club. In the early versions you could even have a space in the search field. So it LOOKED empty. I drove myself crazy with that one time. Finally I deleted the space and there were my clips. None of which had a space in the name apparently.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 30, 2015 at 10:24:36 am

But of course, then there's always this:

;)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:43:22 pm

I always thought a better behavior would be to show all items if a search resulted in showing nothing. Cuz really- what good does showing nothing do?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 31, 2015 at 8:37:31 am

[Noah Kadner] "I always thought a better behavior would be to show all items if a search resulted in showing nothing."

Really? But then don't you think people would be asking themselves "What do these have to do with my search term?"? I mean, I don't know anywhere where it works that way (e.g. Finder), so that would be rather unique and probably even more confusing behavior, no?

But then maybe they thought "Do we just show everything... or tell them that nothing matches?" and thought the latter makes more sense, albeit any possible PEBKAC situations. ;-D

- RK

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 31, 2015 at 9:31:33 pm

Oh yeah the current behavior is definitely more consistent from an engineering/OS perspective. I just think that if I'm searching for media— and I always am when looking into the browser— I'm always looking for media that seeing all my media is much more useful than seeing none.

With one scenario I have a decent chance of spotting what I'm after or at least redoing my search to catch the right parameter. With the other, I'm confirming only that my search parameters don't match a single clip. Which is interesting but not very useful to speeding my editorial workflow. But this is just my opinion...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]