FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy/pasting lower thirds, they sometimes revert on their own, whiskey, tango...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Copy/pasting lower thirds, they sometimes revert on their own, whiskey, tango...
on Mar 27, 2015 at 3:17:56 pm

I was editing a half-hour talk show, and I built a lower third for the host. Then I selected the entire third, and because I am lazy, did a copy/paste in another spot, for the guest, went into the inspector and, preserving the styles and etc., changed the host's name to that of the guest, to create the second lower third.

This method has always worked for me in seven. (Probably that phrase needs to go on a t-shirt)

From there, I did a copy/paste of the newly-changed third and pasted it down, with transitions, into a few places along the timeline. Easy-Peasy.

I play the timeline for a QC check, and on my imac's playback monitor the thirds are all correctly matched to their respective people. I then select SHARE> Burn a DVD.

Doing aonther Q/C review of that DVD, one of the lower thirds is wrong: the guest name is replaced with the original host name! WTH?!?!?

I go back to the timeline, still open, and confirm, no, it's correct in that same place in the timeline, ...but wrong on the DVD burn.

WEIRD!

I go back to the timeline, re-save the errant third, burn again, and check the result, and all is now well.

But now I don't trust the timeline to reflect the final result for my thirds.

Anybody have a theory or similar experience?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Copy/pasting lower thirds, they sometimes revert on their own, whiskey, tango...
on Mar 27, 2015 at 6:34:04 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Anybody have a theory or similar experience?"

I've had some odd, random issues with "phantom" text as well. If you haven't, you should send feedback... just pasting your detailed post would be good. Links to screenshots etc can help. The more people that report the better... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]