FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - Everything gone! What is causing this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Tosh
FCPX - Everything gone! What is causing this?
on Mar 26, 2015 at 8:24:02 pm

I am working on a pretty simple video of an actor in front of a green screen which is then being put on top of a presentation slide. It is about a 2 hour video.

I have to change his scale every now and again and noticed that placing key frames for scale/position was starting to lag and give me some weird issues. I finally get to the end of the video and zoom out of my timeline only to find out that I have huge holes in my project. There are a bunch of fade transition markers indicating where video once was but the video and audio is gone in those areas. A few sections are also now out of sync.

I went to an older backup and copied sections of the older project and pasted the fixed part into the newer project. I thought I was in the clear but after making some minor adjustments it happened again. Ugh!

Any ideas what is causing this and how to avoid it or get back my lost project?

I restarted several times, deleted preferences and none of those worked. I am running the latest version of FCPX and Yosemite on a 2013 Mac Pro.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX - Everything gone! What is causing this?
on Mar 27, 2015 at 3:23:27 am

Are you sure you didn't accidentally make some edits/set some transitions while zoomed in that you didn't notice? I've done this occasionally but I've never seen it happen completely on its own.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Oliver Tosh
on Mar 27, 2015 at 2:07:20 pm

I thought that the first time it happened. After starting to fix the damage it happened once again. I then knew that something screwy was happening. I am now just trying to figure out how to save what I have left. I'm considering copy/pasting sections of backups into a new project to see if that helps anything. I don't know what else to do or what could be causing this bug.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 28, 2015 at 12:58:42 am

If you can make the bug happen reliably with repeatable steps— definitely drop Apple feedback.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]