FORUMS: list search recent posts

Work flow FCPX to Motion and back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Work flow FCPX to Motion and back
on Mar 22, 2015 at 5:30:14 pm

I was sending few seconds of 1080 59.97 p to Motion to enhance the flight of a lacrosse ball. I ended up using Compressor to output the video as Apple Res 4.2.2 and then imported into Motion. I tried importing the raw clip into motion, but it is long and I only need a few seconds out of the 30 second clip.

Suggestions or a tutorial that suggest a better way?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Work flow FCPX to Motion and back
on Mar 22, 2015 at 7:12:39 pm

Export from FCP X as ProRes 422. Going to compressor for this function wasn't necessary.

I do this all the time. Edit a little sequence or even just pick a shot like you have, mark in/out, and cmd+E the bit and then open it in Motion and do whatever. Render out as 422 and drop it into FCP X.

If you need to adjust it in Motion again, just close FCP X, open Motion and rerender right over the previous, and then open X. As long as it's the same codec/duration/and format it won't skip a beat.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:45:49 pm
Last Edited By Claude Lyneis on Mar 23, 2015 at 4:24:38 pm

Thanks. That is so much easier. So many keyboard shortcuts, so little brain memory left to remember them all.

That sounded good, but when I try it cmd E just beeps at me. I can make it work by choosing Share and the format/destination "Export File" with video codec same as source. Probably more pilot error.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 23, 2015 at 11:23:59 pm

Check your Final Cut Pro>Commands>Customize to make sure Command-E is assigned properly and if that's correct make sure you don't have a macro someplace else in the system.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Mar 26, 2015 at 7:06:46 pm

For Cmd + E to work properly, you need to set a default in FCPX prefs...

Go to Preferences -> Destinations and right-click on Master File, then select "Make Default"

Once you do that, cmd + E will bring up the export panel.

Doug

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]