FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reset start timecode of clip in Library?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anatoly Ivanov
Reset start timecode of clip in Library?
on Mar 21, 2015 at 8:51:33 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to reset the start (and hence, the end) timecode of a clip (video or audio) inside the Library?

For example (as in the image), set 02:10:08:12 to 00:00:00:00?

Haven't found an interface for that (the field is not editable). Maybe a SQLite edit?

Thanks!

ANATOLY IVANOV / FILM / PHOTOGRAPHY / DESIGN / PROSE
http://www.anatolyivanov.com/

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Reset start timecode of clip in Library?
on Mar 21, 2015 at 10:53:01 pm

FCP legacy had this option. Why would you want to set it to zero? If you're looking to just see a counter you can just drag out a range and it will show a duration, which is almost as good as a counter.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 22, 2015 at 12:35:28 am

Definitely don't go mucking with the database in the finder- could have nasty unintended consequences. I believe what you want to do is set AUX timecode- that's not something FCPX does. The timecode embedded in the QT is what it shows. Of course you can always add a generator on a timeline and make it whatever TC you want.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Mar 26, 2015 at 7:19:36 pm

You could, alternatively, remove the clip from your library and 'brute force' your way to 00:00:00 by deleting the timecode track from the file directly in QT Pro... not that you should, necessarily, but it would get you there.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Anatoly Ivanov
on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:23:52 pm

Oh wow! Bret, Noah and Doug, my apologies, haven’t noticed your replies.

All Creative Cow notifications went into Spam. I’ve since added a new Sieve rule.

So, the problem I have is I got handed an FCP X project, semi pre-cut (just the selects with sound synced in), but, someone must have had a problem with timecode settings (maybe in-camera) during the shoot -- the Canon C300 files have nothing to do with reality. Or, it might have happened during the MXF ingest.

I also recall having seen similar issues with super-simple .wav files from Zoom recorders (arbitrary timecode shift when ingested by FCP X).

Hence my question.

Nothing fatal. It just gets on my nerves when I Shift+F to the library and see the values. Or when I need to reference a precise range (make notes).

I’ll maybe try resetting elsewhere as Doug suggests. Maybe in After Effects or Resolve, when we get there.

I fear FCP X keeps the meta-data separate, though. So when I replace the file, the timecode won’t be fed from the .mov but from the SQLite.

Thanks guys!

(yeah, it was easier in pre-X!! argh!)

ANATOLY IVANOV / FILM / PHOTOGRAPHY / DESIGN / PROSE
http://www.anatolyivanov.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]