FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard shortcut for raising/lowering ducked audio level

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
Keyboard shortcut for raising/lowering ducked audio level
on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:23:33 am

Hello. Maybe it's a silly question, but I have looked around a bit and I could not find a way to adjust volume on a ducked audio other than dragging the bar with the mouse, which is often not precise enough for my liking. Am I missing it or is it just not there?
Thank you.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.9.4

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Keyboard shortcut for raising/lowering ducked audio level
on Mar 6, 2015 at 12:36:11 pm

Just as with legacy, hold down cmd to limit the sensitivity.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Mar 6, 2015 at 3:04:49 pm

Thank you Brett! This solved the problem. I used it a lot on Legacy, I don't know how I did not think of it on FCPX.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.9.4

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Mar 6, 2015 at 12:59:34 pm

You can adjust the volume in the Inspector's Audio tab...while playing if you want.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Mar 6, 2015 at 3:03:43 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "You can adjust the volume in the Inspector's Audio tab...while playing if you want."
Thank you, Scott. However, it seems I can only lower the whole clip volume from the inspector or single keyframes, not the part between two keyframes. Even if I highlight the bar, if I enter a value in the inspector, a keyframe will be placed where the pointer is, and no change will apply to the bar, unless I'm doing something wrong. I work mostly on long form documentaries containing a lot of background music and voiceover. I lay the music and duck the audio while I place the temporary voiceover, and I need to refine levels when I receive the definitive one. So the second passage involves a lot of raising and lowering bars by even just one or two db, sometimes, and I feel clumpsy when doing it manually even with clip appearance set to high.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 7, 2015 at 1:24:38 am

If you highlight the keyframes on the ends of the bar, you can use CTL +/- to raise and lower that section. You can use the range tool (R) to lasso keyframes.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]