<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin S. Kurz
Apple's official write-up on "Focus"
on Feb 26, 2015 at 9:07:55 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Feb 26, 2015 at 9:22:17 am

https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/in-action/focus/

Nice read. :)

- RK

EDIT: oops... guess I should have checked the "... the Debate" forum first. Ah well.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Apple's official write-up on "Focus"
on Feb 26, 2015 at 10:38:00 am

Here also a surely far less biased report from USA Today with some additional insight:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/02/25/final-cut-x-used-for-hollywoo...

One of many notable quotes for me:

[Glenn Ficarra] "We have a whole generation of kids learning on iMovie, they'll be familiar with this tool when they get into the real world."

Something I'd say has been overlooked, is highly underestimated and why I think X has a huge edge over many/most/all in the long run. So if someone wants to call it "iMovie Pro", great (even if iMovie, as of v10, is in fact FC Express, if anything). Is that supposed to be an insult? :)

I for one know from teaching and my trainings first hand, that there are a considerable number of iMovie users of all ages moving to FCP X, yes. It's the obvious choice (as opposed to e.g. PPro and PElements if you ask me). First timers also will go for X first, because it just makes sense to them and they get results much much faster. The vast majority would never even have considered FCP 7, let alone PPro, even in its current incarnation. Avid is a complete unknown fwiw. "Pros"? Mostly not, no. But I don't see how that matters in the end either.

2 Euro¢ from my neck of the woods. ;)
- RK

I say, if you're gonna double-post, at least be consistent. :-P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]