FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX to Resolve reel name

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tina Hedegaard
FCPX to Resolve reel name
on Feb 23, 2015 at 9:15:34 am

Hi (double posting - also in Davinci Resolve)

I am trying to understand the way FCP X are treating reelnames, and how I can control it.
I am currently testing workflows for FCP X, so I don't have any current issues - but I am trying to find out the best practice.

In FCP X the reelname for just the clips appears to be correct. i.e Arri Amira have A343R1UG. P2 (the folder above content)
When I make a multicam clip, it doesnt show any reel name. A synced clip (via sync-n-link) keeps it reelname.

When I export an xml and import it in Resolve the XML doesn't contain any reel names - or i doesn't show in Resolve.
It also seems like that the XML always import the clips - even though I ask it not to - like some kind of ghost clips.
I can't i.e. right click and reveal in finder, I can't define clip attributes (I.e. pixel aspect for P2) and the reel name is not to be found.
- however if I load the original clip in the mediepool (with the correct reel name) and change the attributes - it affect the clip that links to the xml-imported clip.

I seems like the links appears as following.
Multicam, synced clips (via sync-n-link) - needs the xml imported media in the mediapool even though the reel is non-existing. - I can't seem to find out how to make it relink to other material.
Other clips (not multicam or synced) links to the original clips in the mediapool and not the ghost media.

Can anyone enlighten me in the way FCP X and Resolve interacts.

A few screenshots to illustrate
Reel in FCP X

Original media in Davinci

Ghost media in Davinci - XML imported

Thanks

Tina Hedegaard
Technical Supervisor | Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 6.5.4, 7.0.4| Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, CC, CC2014
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4 | Mac OS 10.8.2 | Mac OS 10.9.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]