FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Weathersby
Video Export
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:56:45 pm

Hello all, I'm new to FCPX all though I use it weekly 3 times per-week.

I edit 3 videos, one is an hour long with a bumper and extro. This video is, as you can imagine, large. So, I tend to export it locally, then compress it with hand break and upload the handbreaked video to vimeo.

I'd love to shorten up that process, I take a 5g video and compress it down in Handbreak without appreciable quality loss to about 1.4G. I select Compress for web, I compress audio to 128k, and choose 4 reference frames - that's about it.

Next, I upload the resultant video to vimeo.

The process takes more time than I'd like.

Further, I'd like to then save off a version of just the audio to upload for a podcast, but I'd like this to be automated. I'm curious, any thought?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Video Export
on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:00:11 am

Choose share to Vimeo from FCP X? Or make a compressor preset (that you use in X as well) that suits your needs.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Sutton
Re: Video Export
on Feb 21, 2015 at 1:26:09 pm

You can export the podcast audio from FCP very easily. In the export window, go to to the settings tab and choose "Audio Only" from the drop down menu. Your codec settings will be replaced with audio settings (mp3, AIFF, WAV). This will not take long at all compared to the video, and you can even have it set to do this while the video is exporting.

As for the video, unless you need to have a clean Master file saved, use the Vimeo preset like Bret said. It will even save you the trouble of uploading the video to Vimeo.

Jonathan Sutton
Video Editor
The American College Video Studio
https://vimeo.com/theamericancollege

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]