FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export XML with optimized media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Konrad Dwojak
Export XML with optimized media
on Feb 15, 2015 at 12:59:51 pm

Hi!

After hours of online searching (including this forum) I've decided to reach out for help. I have a project in FCP X (10.1.4) and I try to export XML that I want to import to Davinci Resolve. The media files (original) in my FCP were shot on Nikon D650 (therefore they're H2.64) but I've created optimized files (ProRes) when I imported them to FCP and FCP sees them (I have green circles in media inspector).

When I created an XML in FCP, imported it to Davinci Resolve, I noticed that H.264 (original only) files got imported to Davinci. I opened the FCP's XML in a text editor and I noticed that the XML links ONLY to the original footage and NOT to optimized. Is this normal? Can I create an XML in FCP that would link to the optimized media? I think to have the best quality, I would like to color grade ProRes file (optimized) and not H.264

Thanks!

Konrad

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Export XML with optimized media
on Feb 16, 2015 at 6:42:40 pm

That has been my experience as well. Would love to know of a way around that as Resolve doesn't mix so well with the h264s. Not like FCP X or other NLEs for sure. Definite playback problems. Even just for editing in Resolve.

Perhaps if you took the originals off line? I would probably duplicate the library before I tried this. Or make a test library consisting of a few clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]