FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software Needed to Make Menus in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Sherman
Software Needed to Make Menus in FCPX
on Feb 14, 2015 at 11:10:47 pm

Hi, Is there software for FCP X similar to Sony's DVD Architect? I would like to use menus, sub menus, backgrounds, etc. Thanks in advance for your help. Ray

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Software Needed to Make Menus in FCPX
on Feb 15, 2015 at 3:01:29 am

Nope- you'd need Encore, DVD Studio Pro or Toast.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Feb 15, 2015 at 8:50:28 am

Noah mentioned Encore which I've been using for years. The only templates I ever use are the totally blank 16:9 or 4:3 and I create all the menu background video and soundtrack using FCPX. These I import to Encore as Assets and link to the various menus with a simple drap and drop. The timeline is the edited 'Shared' 'Master' file (Optimized/Original) out of FCPX.

A few months ago a project (Act 1 of a show) was just a little too long for Encore to get onto a 4.7 GB DVD so I tried compressing using Compressor. The compression was much better (i.e., took up less apace), the resulting DVD looked great (as usual!) and Encore had to do a lot less work and has thus become so much more reliable. (For me it crashed approx every 6th time I used it but fortunately only required relaunching. Yes, I did delete Preferences)

Perhaps this workflow is of help if you end up using Encore.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Feb 15, 2015 at 2:11:48 pm

Thanks for the help.... Do you know of any good instructional tutorials in regards to using FCPX and Encore together for menu output to DVD? Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. Ray

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Feb 15, 2015 at 3:12:20 pm

When I started using Encore (at that time I was using Premiere Pro) I found the free and easily available tutorials from Andrew Devis REALLY helpful. As alluded to in my workflow earlier, I create a Master out of my FCPX project anyway for archive purposes and it is that (or the compressed version of that out of Motion) which I use in the principal timeline for my Encore projects.

I don't think there'd be a unique tutorial covering both FCPX and Encore as at least in my workflow it's just a question of Encore picking up where FCPX (and Motion for when I feel I need to use it) leave off.

For a few years I used the Encore templates but it's so easy to create your own moving backgrounds with sound within FCPX and you have SO much more control over everything. As far as button usage is concerned, within Encore I practically always use the one called "Atomic Video Button" found under the "Technology" section. It's good and bright and I always click on "Animate Buttons" on the Motion tab over on the Properties pane.

If you do decide to use Encore then there's a forum for it here on CCow with lots of helpful people.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Feb 15, 2015 at 6:57:32 pm

Thanks Brian, You've been a great help. I'll do some searching for Andrew Devis tutorials as well as here at Cow. Other than that, if I can get my hands on Encore, I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks again, Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]