FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import DVCProHD From Pansonic HSX 200 Mysteries

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Import DVCProHD From Pansonic HSX 200 Mysteries
on Feb 13, 2015 at 8:09:03 am

In our film class we shot with a HSX 200 Panasonic, set at 1080 24 fps to a P2 card (A dinosaur but that is what we had). I copied the files to a USB and it seemed to import OK to FCPX. However, the files play at some high frame rate and the sound is correct but finishes long after the video. Get info lists the resolution as 1280x1080 /23.9 p. The Codec is DVCPROHD 1080i60,linear PCM. The video shows up at the correct aspect ratio, put looks like it might be playing at 60 fps instead of 24 fps as it was recorded.

Suggestions?
Thanks, Claude Lyneis

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: Import DVCProHD From Pansonic HSX 200 Mysteries
on Feb 13, 2015 at 8:20:15 am

I can also play the clips directly in Quicktime and the result of the same. They play very fast compared to the sound. Would it make sense to try and retime them in FCPX?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 13, 2015 at 5:12:49 pm

Probably some clues for you here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4472238?start=0&tstart=0

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Feb 13, 2015 at 7:37:08 pm

Read the link and so it is not a new problem and apparently there is no easy fix. I detached the audio, set the video rate to 50% and that solves the timing issue. The video is still choppy and the audio dies halfway through the clips. Since the downloaded clips, play wrong even in Quick-Time before FCPX touches them, the problem must be in the codecs.
Fortunately, these test were just a student exercise and once retimed illustrate what was needed as well as illustrating shooting 24 fps 1080 on the HSX 200 is a questionable plan.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 13, 2015 at 11:13:12 pm

Did you check the checkbox for remove advanced pulldown? that was the usual resolution.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Feb 14, 2015 at 1:50:16 am

Noah, thanks for the suggestion, I thought it would work, but after turning off advanced pull down it still doesn't work properly. I looked carefully and only the first 1/2 of the audio comes through and the video plays at 24 fps, but only every other frame is there. When I set it to 50%, it plays each frame twice and the sound is in synch with the video for the first half and missing for the second half. Because the remaining frames show twice it is effectively like it was shot at 12 frames per second. So somehow, only 1/2 of the frames come thru the import process.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]