FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Crashes when Importing Particular Media File

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Ochsner
FCPX Crashes when Importing Particular Media File
on Feb 12, 2015 at 7:40:15 pm

I have a particular mp4 file (about 40 MB) that causes FCPX to crash immediately upon importing it. Multiple times now I have deleted the event and project files, restarted FCPX (as well as my MacBook Pro), and tried to re-import...no luck.

I have also tried importing other mp4 files of comparable size to test whether they cause the same issue, and they import with no problems...I've actually never had an issue importing an mp4 using the default preferences and settings.

I am aware of (but not thoroughly educated on) the "Preference" issue with FCPX; that many times resetting the preferences may resolve an issue. I have for this very reason, however, left the preferences untouched (and still set to default), so I would think that preferences would not be the problem, no?

There is ONE difference between the problem file and other mp4s I've dealt with (as far as I know). All other mp4s I've imported in the past (which have never caused an issue) were recorded on my camcorder, but the problem file was recorded on my MacBook's built-in cam. I have no idea if this could be related to the problem, but thought it worth mentioning.

Return to posts index

Aaron Ochsner
Re: FCPX Crashes when Importing Particular Media File
on Feb 12, 2015 at 8:20:50 pm

I should add that the dimensions of the problem file are 1440x912. When I go into the project settings, however, I find no format/resolution setting that matches these dimensions. Could this be the root of my issue? What to do?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: FCPX Crashes when Importing Particular Media File
on Feb 12, 2015 at 8:42:21 pm

Download MPEG StreamClip and convert to a different file.

Test other formats even use the same but make sure its a diff file.

Files do corrupt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]