FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt footage on FCPX after Yosemite update

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony kobrowisky
Corrupt footage on FCPX after Yosemite update
on Feb 11, 2015 at 8:24:29 am

Hi guys,

Hope you guys can help me out. I am an underwater videographer. I had a project with all my best footage which i made into a video. A few weeks after the project was exported, i did a Apple Yosemite update which did not 100% complete the fist time. I did the update again and after it completed i found that all the video clips in the project were now corrupt. In my library it says the file is missing. When i reveal it in finder, its says the file is 100 bytes. When i try relink files, that does not work. It says : (1 name matches were found, but one file is not compatible. Relinked files must have the same media type and similar audio channels as the original files, and must be long enough to cover all the clips that reference the files. Select a single item at a time to get information about why it is not compatible..)

Please help me try get my best footage back.

One other question. I generally shoot my Canon S21 at 25p 1080. After import FCPX says its 1080i 25i. Im trying to sell this footage so interlaced is not an option really. Any ideas why it this is happening and any help to fix this.

Using FCPX 10.1.3 Mac 16gig ram, Yosemite 10.10 , 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Corrupt footage on FCPX after Yosemite update
on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:40:39 pm

Canon 25p is sometimes mislabeled in FCPX as 25i- it looks at the timecode not the actual fields.

As for the data loss- this is not really an FCPX specific issue but a system issue. If the footage is critical I'd start with a visit to the Apple Store.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]