FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing a logo from a static shot

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Wolf
Removing a logo from a static shot
on Feb 9, 2015 at 8:00:34 pm

I'm trying to remove a logo from a static shot but I have a hard time making it look natural.

I don't know if it's the right way but this is what I've managed to do so far:

Copy the clip to the top timeline
Use the crop and feather filter to copy a piece next to the logo that has the same color and texture and place that over the logo. Then feather. Results are so so, also because there is limited control over cropping the image. So I refine the crop with the general cropping function.

What I'd like is to use the generators filter to make a small patch and then use the color picker to match the color of the area next to the logo, then place it over the logo and feather it. But there is no color picker option or feather option with generators...

But maybe there is a much more effective way? (inside FCP X, that is...)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Removing a logo from a static shot
on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:26:32 pm

You could do that yourself or even paint it out in Photoshop and then superimpose that frame. But what you really want is: http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/partner-products/slicex-track-x/

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Alexander Wolf
on Feb 10, 2015 at 7:08:24 pm

Thanks, guys. I've never been good at Photoshop but whatever I needed to learn, I usually did master. Albeit after a long learning curve...

Track X looks great but I can't justify that price at this point..

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:58:37 pm

On a static shot it is really easy to do in Photoshop or a similar app. Trying to do it in FCP X isn't the best approach. You could also do it in Motion if you have it.

anickt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]