How to abandon Optimized Media and link to Original Camera Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Kotowicz
How to abandon Optimized Media and link to Original Camera Files
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:07:05 pm

Hi all, I've searched and searched and thought I'd just ask:-

In Short:

My timeline is accessing Optimized Media - no proxies, just optimised media. I want it to reference the Original Media Files, what we're calling RAW camera files, please.

In Long:

1) Project has multiple editors working in multiple remote locations. All we given a drive with RAW Camera files, all sorted into folders, all the same.
2) All have been working and now want to share XML files across email (XMLs are also for Resolve, Premiere and After Effects, but we have that sorted.)
3) XMLs work, but are referencing the locally-created Optimized Media.
4) I can't, for the life of me, make the timeline reference the Original Media Files, so the XML references them too. Without this we can't email XMLs to each other.
5) Our long-term goal is to get all our edits referencing the original camera files, generate XMLs, convert them and migrate the cuts to Premiere on our lovely HP workstations and abandon the Macs.

Any suggestions greatly received.

Simon Kotowicz
http://www.onlineeditor.co.uk

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How to abandon Optimized Media and link to Original Camera Files
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:31:28 pm

Trash the optimized media, or use Resolve to reconnect to the original media.

Return to posts index

Petter Stahre
on Feb 9, 2015 at 12:08:51 pm

Since XML:s simply are textfiles, could it be an option to do a search&replace of the referenced filenames in the XML before importing to the next app?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 9, 2015 at 4:54:52 pm

I was thinking about a better way to do this.

A surefire way would be to make a new Library and drag the project(s) you need to XML to that library. During that process FCPX asks if you want to bring over optimized and proxy media. You, of course say "no way", and then export the XML from that new Project which will be linked to the original media.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]