Importing Files and Folder Names Not showing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Granzier
Importing Files and Folder Names Not showing
on Feb 2, 2015 at 2:45:06 pm
Last Edited By Will Granzier on Feb 2, 2015 at 2:49:51 pm

Hi all

Have quick question... May be a bit of a dumb one but I can't seem to solve it. Ok .. .When you import footage shot on a camera say a P2 - And you have store the footage in a folder called BEACH SHOTS.
When you transfer into FCPX 10.1.3 you get the opportunity to organise by Reel name and the Name of the folder will appear - BEACH SHOTS

When importing Gopro footage - from a folder where it was stored , say HEAD CAM - the imported footage will be placed in folder called NO DATA !?!?!

It will not allow you to rename that folder - Am I overlooking some silly here ?!

Thnx for the advice

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Importing Files and Folder Names Not showing
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:38:59 pm

How are you importing the footage in the first place? It sounds like you're converting the camera files into QT movies and organizing them before importing into FCPX, is that correct?

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
on Feb 3, 2015 at 5:50:35 am

Hi

I Import the files directly from the camera archives - If the files cannot be imported into FCPX like in the case of MT2 files , I convert with Clipwrap and then pull them in - Problem is that FCP does not use the folder I placed the media in as a Reel name in the Event I created... So basically it won't allow you to rename the REEL with in the EVENT !! Which is a bit stupid me thinks

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Feb 3, 2015 at 4:43:51 pm

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I can change the reel name in the event without any problem. Just select the clips you want to change and open the inspector, go to the info tab and change the reel.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]