FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I convert huge FCPX News archive to external media??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Bayliss-Smith
How do I convert huge FCPX News archive to external media??
on Jan 27, 2015 at 4:36:20 pm

Hi all,

I have a huge FCPX news archive that I have painstakingly collated over 3 years. All the media is managed by FCPX. I'm leaving my job now and the other editors are still on FCP7 so if I am to be professional I should leave the archive in such a way that they (or any future editor using another platform) can access it. The footage is all currently in one Library containing several events (more than 50). Everything in each event is key worded within the event to reflect the content. See picture. What would you recommend would be the easiest way to make the whole library external but have the folder structure reflect the way I have organised it in FCPX? So top folder called Archive then sub folders are the events then next subfolders are named after keywords. Larry Jordan suggests this way http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcp-x-convert-managed-to-external-media, does anyone have anything to add given the way I want to organise everything? Furthermore and separately I recently realised that one cannot search keywords only file names???? WTF??? So if I want to find something my archive is pretty useless without having to visually look at all the keywords. Is there any way I can rectify this? In FCP7 you could have the file on disk renamed to match clip name in the program, can I rename files to match keywords in any way?

Many thanks and please post any questions you may have and I'll try an explain clearer. Here is a photo of part of my Library. I'd like the keywords reflected in the folder structure of my new Externally managed library. I'm using FCPX 101.4

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
Re: How do I convert huge FCPX News archive to external media??
on Feb 10, 2015 at 5:20:30 pm

Anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]