FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freeze Frame saved in browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Hollander
Freeze Frame saved in browser
on Jan 27, 2015 at 2:15:02 am
Last Edited By Eli Hollander on Jan 27, 2015 at 2:17:48 am

I think I know the answer (no), but can one create a freeze in the browser that stays in the browser as a still frame clip? I know I can create a connected freeze frame that is placed in a project, but that doesn't do me any good, as I want to use these "stills" in my project as source clips.

I also know that I can export "current frame" as a TIFF or PNG and then re-import it, but is that the only way to get a selected frame into the browser?... it seems a bit clumsy or cumbersome.

Any suggestions, please.

Thanks,

Eli

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Freeze Frame saved in browser
on Jan 27, 2015 at 2:53:50 pm

Make the freeze frame a compound clip. That will put it in the browser.

anickt

Return to posts index

Eli Hollander
on Jan 27, 2015 at 11:01:00 pm

Yes, I had thought of compound clips, but I was staying away from them... I think I am still operating under the old prejudice against compound clips, especially if I have many dozens of them. But I guess that has changed and compound clips are not to be shunned any more.

In any case, compound clips is definitely a good way to do what I need. Thanks for your suggestion, Nick.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:39:27 pm

No problem. When you drop them into your project you can break apart the compound clip Shift Command G if you're concerned about getting too many compounds in your project.

anickt

Return to posts index

Eli Hollander
on Jan 28, 2015 at 11:05:05 pm

Brilliantly good point about getting rid of the compound, and it's great how unlikely things can be used as stepping stones... Now, if we just had scripting, it could be done with one keystroke.

E.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]