FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn timeline into multicam clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christoph Wieczorek
Turn timeline into multicam clip
on Jan 20, 2015 at 11:26:09 pm

Is there a way in FCPX to create a multicam clip from a timeline in a project? Someone synced 25 video clips for me to a music track within a timeline. To start editing I need to use a multicam clip with the same tracks in it. Is this possible or do I need to resync them again?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Turn timeline into multicam clip
on Jan 21, 2015 at 4:09:16 pm

I've never personally tried it, but what happens if you create a blank 25 angle multi clip and simply select all in the existing storyline and copy and paste? Probably won't work, but would only take a few seconds to try? Overall, it's always a drag when someone tries to "help" - but actually doesn't know how the software actually works. Got to appreciate the attitude if not the result!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Christoph Wieczorek
on Jan 21, 2015 at 4:24:22 pm

That's what I tried already. It copies all the clips in one track when you do this. However I recreated the multicam track by hand. Sucks, but I'm afraid it's the only possible way to do it.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 21, 2015 at 9:47:40 pm

Ah, makes sense.

Unless you go into the Event Browser and tag each clip with ANGLE metadata, then the angle editor can't know what to separate and what to string out.

BTW, whoever did it originally obviously didn't know how that works in X, but the next time you do it - for the next time - if you do set the angles info and then select all your 25 pieces and simply use the Make Multiclip thing - X will sync up things automatically.

Most of the capability of a program like Plural Eyes is already built into X. It looks at audio first, but also understands manually placed markers, imported timecode if that's present - and even odd stuff like small camera clock time data if it's present.

So there's never much reason to do manual syncing in X.

Just a FYI.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]