FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to add 'bloom' transition to an attached clip...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Borges
Trying to add 'bloom' transition to an attached clip...
on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:39:40 pm

I am attaching alpha PNG's to my main storyline. I've been fine with making them dissolve on with the dissolve transition in FCPX, the transition only effects the attached png. My issue is that when I switch the transition to something else like 'bloom', it effects the video clip below it and blooms it all. This is just one example, but I find that issue a lot because whenever I want to do something other than a simple dissolve, I encounter a problem like this.
I've tried making them compound clips as well and that does't work.

Is there a general workaround for this type of issue besides having to do it in Motion? Seems like it should be a simple thing to try to achieve.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Trying to add 'bloom' transition to an attached clip...
on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:59:52 am

Nope- it's always had this limitation. Generally speaking transitions work best on clips in the primary storyline. Which you can force by 'nesting' clips with compound clips.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jan 20, 2015 at 2:04:14 pm

Some transitions are built to be used only between two clips, not as incoming or outgoing effects. Bloom is one of them. You can open a copy in Motion and turn off "Transition A" for an incoming transition or "Transition B" for an outgoing transition. You can also set up and publish rigs to do it all in one transition. Once you have what you want you can save it forever. I can't go into any more detail right now but give it a shot. It's not too difficult once you see how it works.

anickt

Return to posts index

Carlos Borges
on Jan 20, 2015 at 11:28:05 pm

I'll give that a try. I haven't manipulated transitions in Motion for FCPX yet. Looking forward to that.

I appreciate your time.
Thanks a bunch for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]