FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed ramp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Speed ramp
on Jan 18, 2015 at 4:45:43 am

I have been working with the Speed Ramp feature on FCPX to shift frame rates smoothly, but when I looked at the tutorials, they all showed a feature that allows you to set end a frame rate end point after clicking on the down arrow in the timing bar. Doesn't show on my version of FCPX 10.1.4. Is that something that has changed since 2012, when the tutorials were made? Clicking gives some some of frame with handles, but not clear how to use them.
Is there a more recent tutorial that addresses this?
Thanks
Claude

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Speed ramp
on Jan 18, 2015 at 4:55:51 am

Quite a lot changed since then. I'm not sure what wasn't there before and vice versa. But now you just slice up the frame rate chunks (blade speed) and then change the easing handles (which appear as a sort of clear transparent overlay over the speed indicators. So you don't really get the visual feedback of a graph, but you get the same results.) Basically the longer you drag out the transparent overlay handles, the longer the speed ramp. Once you've bladed the speed it's like a speed Keyframe. If you want to adjust the point of the blade earlier or later in time you have to right click on it if I remember correctly. Then you get the option to adjust it. It's not terribly intuitive but it's better than the FCP 7 ramps. It's much more visual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]