FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export thumbnails w/ clip names?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Woodhead
Export thumbnails w/ clip names?
on Jan 16, 2015 at 7:35:25 pm

Have a project that's drawing upon years of video assets, and I'd like to give the client a general feeling for what's there. I was thinking thumbnails labelled by clip name would be a good approach, but I can't find an automated method. 1000's of clips, so fuggitabout one-by-one exports.

Only idea I've had is using a cataloging app on the Camera Files folder. Which is probably the simple answer.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Export thumbnails w/ clip names?
on Jan 17, 2015 at 12:37:33 am
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Jan 17, 2015 at 12:45:56 am

Try this... http://adamteale.com/apps/fcpximageexporter/
No idea if it still works, or how you'd get the file names added, but worth a look I guess...

edit: tested it, it works... might have to put a title or something with the file name overlayed on the clip, but it's a pretty cool liittle tool!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Jan 17, 2015 at 2:44:19 am

Thanks Charlie, but XIE (?) requires the clips to be in a timeline and have markers laid down. Too much for the 1000's of clips that are in this project.

But a neat tool for other image export needs!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 17, 2015 at 6:57:30 pm

Bob,

It's old school, but have you looked into building an Automator script?

It's pretty dang good at taking manual processes and running them sequentially. I'd suspect that you could get it to look at a drive or folder of clips. Launch, re-size, screen cap, append the name, close, move to the next clip and repeat - pretty easily.

Just a thought.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Jan 17, 2015 at 7:57:21 pm

Good idea, Bill. I'd overlooked that method. Must be getting lazy these days. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]