FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change default Ease Amount on Cross Dissolve in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Stiritz
Change default Ease Amount on Cross Dissolve in FCPX
on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:43:47 pm

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to set the default Ease In/Out amount for the Cross Dissolve to 100 (instead of 0). So far it appears that it is not possible, and that I have to manually set each dissolve to Ease at 100 (my preferred setting). Does anyone have a suggestion or workaround that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hans

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Change default Ease Amount on Cross Dissolve in FCPX
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:08:17 am

Not directly but you could try making a transition of your own at the settings you prefer in Motion.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:32:37 pm

[Noah Kadner] "but you could try making a transition of your own at the settings you prefer in Motion."

Actually, that wouldn't work either. That is, if you mean editing the existing cross dissolve. Since that is not only one of the few NON-Motion transitions, but that "Ease" parameter isn't in/from Motion either. That's an FCP thing. So to answer the question: as of now, no, there's no way to preset and/or "favorite" a preset, standard transition.

But yes, if I'm misunderstanding Noah, he's of course right that you could set up your own entirely NEW transition in Motion and edit the opacity curves exactly to your liking and set that as your default in FCP.

- RK

Return to posts index

Hans Stiritz
on Jan 15, 2015 at 5:03:53 pm

Thanks Noah and Robin --

Yes, that seems to be the problem -- the Cross Dissolve can't be edited in Motion and then saved and set as a new default. At least, when I control-click on it, it doesn't give the option to "open a copy in Motion".

So I suppose I'd have to look at building a dissolve from scratch in Motion.

--Hans

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 15, 2015 at 7:08:26 pm

[Hans Stiritz] "So I suppose I'd have to look at building a dissolve from scratch in Motion."

Yes. As far as that particular transition AND parameter are concerned, that's your only option at this point in time. But feel free to visit the Apple feedback page to voice your opinion. ;-) (yes, they listen)

- RK

Return to posts index

Ben Brodbeck
on Jan 21, 2015 at 11:25:42 pm

I have the same issue with the default Ease Amount. I just sent FCPX Feedback to Apple and referenced this thread so hopefully 10.1.5 can address this seemingly easy to resolve issue.

Ben Brodbeck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]