FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading to 10.1.4 issues from 10.0.8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Alexander
Upgrading to 10.1.4 issues from 10.0.8
on Jan 13, 2015 at 8:20:31 pm

Hello, I have a problem with recently upgrading. I had been using FCP X from early on and never upgraded for fear of not being savvy enough to do it. So I recently did the upgrade and my fears came true. I updated and yet not all my projects and events were properly upgrade. They've become lost in the sea of the "Updated " folder the new upgrade creates. So on this one particular drive, it only updated one event and project out of four. The others are still sitting in the old version in that folder but there's no way of getting the "Update projects and events button to link to them and update those particularly.

Does anyone know how to do that? Can I undo the halfway done upgrade and do it again?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Upgrading to 10.1.4 issues from 10.0.8
on Jan 14, 2015 at 2:19:25 pm

Have you tried deleting the currentversion.flex file?

Do it with FCPX off and see what happens at after re-starting.

Ive had to do this a few too many times but it worked for me.

Other steps were to re-import (Drag and drop at times) all the associated media and hope it re-links with the Project.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Upgrading to 10.1.4 issues from 10.0.8
on Jan 15, 2015 at 1:56:17 pm

The only thing you want to do is read up on the best path/system for upgrading first. I would simply delete everything from the new version (but not any flex anything), then start HERE http://www.philiphodgetts.com/2013/12/upgrade-your-events-and-project-to-fc... then move HERE http://www.rippletraining.com/fcpx-features.html after all is said and done for a full understanding of what's going on under the hood.

If you do what Philip suggests and also grasp the (new) underlying concept you shouldn't have any problems at all. It should just take a little while, depending on the amount of events/projects.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]