Marking on the Fly: Connected Clips or Secondary Storylines

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Marking on the Fly: Connected Clips or Secondary Storylines
on Jan 6, 2015 at 9:29:35 am
Last Edited By Michael Angelo on Jan 6, 2015 at 11:17:45 am

Dear Shaker and Moo-vers

I've been simply trying to play down my edit and make marks on a secondary storyline or connected clip "on the fly" in order to select a range then trim or do other operations. It seems you can't mark on the fly and select a range unless it's the primary storyline? When ever I hit "i" or "o" even with a secondary storyline or connect clips highlighted the mark affects the primary storyline. Am I missing something simple?

For now discovered Option-Bracket seems to trim to end or beginning on the fly so part of the problem is solved but what if I want to mark a range inside the clip, delete it as a short pullup? I also mark on the fly for other things like selecting a range on the fly I'd like to copy then paste or a range to apply an effect, the list goes on.

I guess I could somehow use markers adding a ton of steps instead of marking in and out but markers are a bit permanent and clog up up the timeline index which I use markers extensively in other ways. Any super users out there know a way to mark secondary storylines or connected clips on the fly?

Happy Moo Year!

MA

Seems this gentleman was struggling trying to edit secondary tracks using keystrokes as well?

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/31081#31081

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]