Marking on the Fly: Connected Clips or Secondary Storylines

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Marking on the Fly: Connected Clips or Secondary Storylines
on Jan 6, 2015 at 9:29:35 am
Last Edited By Michael Angelo on Jan 6, 2015 at 11:17:45 am

Dear Shaker and Moo-vers

I've been simply trying to play down my edit and make marks on a secondary storyline or connected clip "on the fly" in order to select a range then trim or do other operations. It seems you can't mark on the fly and select a range unless it's the primary storyline? When ever I hit "i" or "o" even with a secondary storyline or connect clips highlighted the mark affects the primary storyline. Am I missing something simple?

For now discovered Option-Bracket seems to trim to end or beginning on the fly so part of the problem is solved but what if I want to mark a range inside the clip, delete it as a short pullup? I also mark on the fly for other things like selecting a range on the fly I'd like to copy then paste or a range to apply an effect, the list goes on.

I guess I could somehow use markers adding a ton of steps instead of marking in and out but markers are a bit permanent and clog up up the timeline index which I use markers extensively in other ways. Any super users out there know a way to mark secondary storylines or connected clips on the fly?

Happy Moo Year!

Seems this gentleman was struggling trying to edit secondary tracks using keystrokes as well?

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved